Since 1983, the Men’s Club of The Jewish Home for the Elderly has communicated the important work of the Home through its contribution of volunteer and financial support. These efforts have identified and produced talented new leadership to help the Home thrive.
Making A Difference Together
The Men’s Club offers a variety of social and fundraising activities held throughout the year that appeal to a diverse membership. The George Lipton Golf and Tennis Invitational draws participants from the tri-state area for a memorable day. The Family Day Celebration is held at the Home and brings together multi-generations for laughter, music and fun for the residents and their families.
Funds raised from Men’s Club activities and events are given to the Home to improve the quality of life and care of residents and clients. This past year the Men’s Club has allocated money in the following ways:
- $50,000 to Endowment Fund
- $30,000 for pressure treated mattresses
- $30,000 for state-of-the-art medical equipment
- $20,000 for a speech therapist
- $12,000 for Family Day
- $10,000 for the Satellite TV System
- $10,000 to George Lipton Fund
- $1,000 for the Intergenerational Art Exhibit
- $1,000 for the Residents' New Year’s Eve Party
Looking Toward the Future
The Men’s Club’s mission reflects that of the JHE Foundation’s - to secure the Home’s continued excellence for future generations in need. In 1995, the Foundation launched its Endowment Campaign to create a $25 million endowment to achieve this mission. As a valued fundraising partner of the JHE Foundation, the Men’s Club has raised over one million dollars toward this effort. Special residents’ programming continues to be funded, as do capital projects that enhance the Home and its residents.
Membership and Benefits
Members of the Men’s Club are informed, concerned and involved, and represent the community within and beyond Fairfield County. Its members create and take part in educational, cultural and social programs that advance the interests of the Home, help cultivate future lay leadership and provide a sense of personal fulfillment.
Benefits of membership in the Men’s Club include:
- Personal reward while making a difference in the lives of residents.
- Involvement in a committed network of over 500 professional, business and community leaders, leading to valuable contacts.
- Chai Lights – a newsletter dedicated to news about The Jewish Home.
- Opportunity for leadership positions including the Men’s Club’s Board of Directors.
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you make a difference for the Home’s residents.
- Invitation to all Men’s Club events
- Chai Lights subscription
- Updates on Men’s Club activities
Payable over three (3) years. Name permanently engraved on a plaque displayed on the Men’s Club Life Membership Wall.
George Lipton Fellow:
Payable over three (3) years. Name permanently engraved on a plaque displayed on the Men’s Club’s Life Membership Wall. ($1,000 for Life Membership and $1,500 towards Endowment).
Click here to become a Men's Club Member
Click here for photos.
For more information please contact the JHE Foundation at 203-365-6409 or email email@example.com.